I hope that it does not happen to you, but nowadays car accidents are becoming quite common. While there may be quite a complication in the process of claiming from the insurance company. Everyone wants to pay the minimum amount, which may not help the victim to overcome the trauma of the loss of property and injury due to an accident.
It is a much better option to hire a car accident lawyer, which can help you in getting the claim using legal way. You do not have to worry about the expenses too much since they generally take 30 to 40 percent of the claim amount after winning the case while you don’t have to pay in the case of loss.
Here are the important tips which a victim needs to do in case of car accident.
The first thing to do
Even if the other driver may be the cause of accident you do not need to directly deal with the other driver to claim the amount for your damage. Mainly you need to deal with the insurance company of the other car driver.
While there are things you need to do for collecting more information about the accident while you are at the scene.
- Try to collect the information about the other driver.
- Gather information about the insurance detail of the other car.
- Find the eyewitnesses of the accident case.
- Call the police or law enforcement service immediately to the scene.
You can also take some photographs of the scene that can prove that the cause of the accident is other person.
If it was only about the property damage then you can be able to claim the amount base on the physical damage to your car.
The damages which you can claim in an accident are:
- Vehicle Damage: The physical or mechanical damage to the car.
- Personal property other than the vehicle like computer, laptop or other devices that got damaged in an accident.
- Car rental: While your car is being repaired, you need a rental car for your work. The charges of the rental car can also be claimed.
- Other expenses: You can also claim for the other charges like if you are hiring a taxi for going home or police station.
If the victim is injured in a car accident then it can be quite a complicated process, while you can also hire a licensed attorney for claiming. Even in case of negotiating the settlement, it will be better to take the advice of “car accident lawyer”. They will provide you better information about the settlement since in case of serious physical or mental injury can cause more expenses.
It is much better to hire a good attorney for your case, there may be chances where you can easily claim the amount from the insurance company, while they can pay you much lower than what you really deserve, while it is better to have assurance of better claiming by hiring an attorney.